I did a thing! I think I perfected our cauliflower almond crust pizza. Try it out and let me know how it works for you. We’re in central Pennsylvania – Delgrosso’s and Weis are local companies.
We like a thin crust and this recipe works great for that. I don’t know what the nutrition facts are however I looked for ingredients with the least sugar and carbs. My husband LOVES pizza and has crazy high cholesterol so I’ve been looking for a healthier option than take-out pizza.
Also, this is gluten free but not intentionally – just the ingredients happened to be I chose.
Notes: – Pizza sauce, I used Delgrosso’s Ultimate Sauce, it had the least carbs and calories and it’s local – but use what’s best for you. A thinner sauce works best because it won’t weigh down the crust.
– Almond flour – Blue Diamond Fine Ground Flour, you can use any just make sure it is finely ground- I don’t know how much raw cauliflower would take to make this
– Shredded Mozzarella Cheese was Weis Low-Moisture Part Skim
– I used foil for my second crust baking because I almost set the oven on fire using the same sheet of parchment to bake the first time and I found the foil helped the crispness for the bottom better
– I actually didn’t roll the crust out, I used a piece of parchment on top and pressed the crust out and then neatened up the edges like you would with a pie crust. The first time I rolled, I had some pretty thin spots that I needed to patch up with the other crust I had set aside. When I flipped the crust, I used a 10″ frying pan with the foil in it and over the top of the crust and then put it back on the baking sheet.
– You might be able to spread this out on a whole baking sheet and forgo the flipping and second baking but I found the second baking really set the crispness of the crust.
And to give credit where it is due, I based my recipe off of a Fathead Pizza recipe by Wholesome Yum and Cauliflower Pizza Crust by Olena Osipov on iFoodReal. You can see where I modded my recipe and check out their tips and thoughts on their crusts.