Aww! I’m always tickled purple when people like the stuff I post here and then give out awards! I find crafting quite gratifying in itself but to share that is immeasurable as is getting feedback from such efforts. You are so awesome! So a big shout out to Tracee at Heartmade. I love her cute stuff 🙂 She nominated me for the Liebster Award.
1. Link to the person who nominated you
2. Answer their questions
3. Nominate new blogs for the award
4. Ask them 10 new questions
5. Let the nominees know they have been nominated
The questions she asked:
1. Why do you blog? To share my delight and adventures in my manic crafting world
2. How many blogs do you follow? oh my, a lot. I read about a dozen of them in email each day but I can’t figure out how to edit it just yet or else I would read more. I try to keep up!
3. What’s your favorite meal? Mac and cheeeeeese (yes, that much cheese)
4. What is your favorite music and/or entertainer? I like to listen to Hip Hop, Pop, and Rap. My fave entertainer is Justin Timberlake.
5. What can you absolutely not live without? I don’t think there is anything that I couldn’t live without other than my family.
6. Where would you love to travel to and stay for a month? I would LOVE to travel to Europe! Anywhere Mediterranean.
7. If money were no object, what dream would you fulfill? to give homes and food to everyone.
8. What is your most prized possession? After thinking about this, I realize I don’t have one…As my life goes on and I find more purpose, attachment to things has lessened. I love to have stuff yet I don’t need to. I would have to say the my life is my most prized thing however I really don’t possess it…
9. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas! It’s the only time of year where our family is all one!
10. Any advice for new bloggers? Keep on bloggin’. Find your passion.
My Nomineeees are:
I didn’t see a number and I want to get this post out so there is my list. Currently, I’m loving all things yarn so that is what I’ve been following a lot of. I have so many new things to try out!
My questions for them:
1. What is something you would like to do other than what you do in your spare time?
2. List maker or wing it?
3. If you could do one thing perfectly, what would it be?
4. What’s the theme song of your life?
5. You can’t start your day without….?
6. Facebook? Myspace? LinkedIn?
7. What’s one thing in the world would you want to improve?
8. Apple or Android?
9. Favorite quote:
10. Do you have any interesting collections?
That’s all I got for now, folks! I’m running around like a mad woman getting things done for my friend who went to a nursing home last week. We’re talking care of his dogs and the coordination of that is a lot! I’m trying to find them a foster home for now but it’s proving to be difficult placing two large dogs together. I don’t want to take them to a shelter; however, that might be a real eventuality.
New label design for Skinplicity. Aren’t they pretty? 🙂 Check out her stuff on Etsy! Vegan and handmade: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Skinplicity
This has been an up and down kind of week. The run down:
Monday: My dearest friend was admitted to the hospital for pneumonia. I was with him and another friend there from 5-11 without news of his future. He is currently living and being treated for stage 4 lung cancer.
Tuesday: He had an MRI that indicated he suffered a massive stroke. He was unresponsive. He couldn’t really speak for the last few months due to the radiation treatment paralyzing his vocal cords. I have NO idea what is suppose to happen next.
Wednesday: My mother in law was ill so I stayed home with my toddler. Not too shabby of a day. Didn’t get anything done at the house but a nice nap with my baby. My friend also was more alert today. It was determined he would have to go to a nursing home. Sadness.
Thursday: Things are looking up! My friend has finally showed he was alive and kickin’. He was joking and writing notes to us. He had a stream of visitors and people volunteered to care for his 4 animals so that takes a huge weight off my shoulders. We already have a large dog and I was prepared to move them in even if we don’t have room. I couldn’t bear the thought of them going to the SPCA. I love them so. And we even found a nursing home that is animal friendly so the dogs can visit.
Friday: My little one woke up at 5 a.m. and I thought he just couldn’t find his binky in the dark. But we found it and he still needed cuddling and was very upset and restless. I get him around for the day and then get myself around. We’re running smoothly right up to the point where we are about to walk out the door and I can smell poo…He’s standing on the steps and he has poo’d himself all the way down his pant leg, flowing over his little sneaker. Ohh…my poor little guy. He is super freaked out about touching his own poo and he is about to cry.
We asked him if he feels okay and he gives a feeble uh-huh. So we clean him up, into the bath tub and dressed again in a matter of minutes. NEVER have we been so efficient at changing our child. The time is looming that we are going to be late to work.
Next thing I know, we see a trail of poo all through the living room. Around the coffee table. All over his beloved blankie. It dawns on me that we used the last of the carpet cleaning when the cat puked.
What to do, what to do.
Thankfully, I have some animal carpet spot remover stuff. I’m on my hands and knees feverishly scrubbing away the trail of diaper horrors hoping that I don’t imbed the smell and stain in our pale, pale, powder blue carpet. Seriously, at the moment questioning the previous owners judgement on their choice and wonder why the hell didn’t we put other stuff in sooner!
I’ve not ever felt like I needed a relief to sit down at my desk at work and be done with the whole mess as I did this morning. I know what my weekend is entailing now. Lots of shampooing. Thankfully, my flooring friend is coming over to measure for our kitchen flooring and I can have him measure for new carpet. Happy Mother’s Day to me!
A few months ago I signed up the soap company to a box sample event for next month with the theme of Bubble Bash. I knew I was going to make some soap and needed something else to pack in so I made some lovely bath salts. Two new soaps for the season are Fresh Day, a bergamot, lavender, patchouli and litsea cubeba blend colored with tumeric and Herb Garden scented with Lavender, Basil, Peppermint and Rosemary colored with comfrey leaf and a layer of calendula petals that were steeped in the olive oil before being mixed into the soap. Ohhhh MY! They smell just divine. We’re actually almost sold out of the soap now! The bath salts are a blend of lavandin and ylang ylang, which is a very powdery floral scent…romantic, I suppose.
I tucked the soap and salts in a muslin bag with a mini brochure and a teeny tag on the outside. Adorable.
Next up is making more soap! Beegoaty and Orange Cremescicle…customer and family favorites. It’s a busy time for me to gear up for craft shows and still keep up with the regular orders. I also just submitted a small variety pack to a local naturals store and I’m very excited to hear about that. There is one soap maker in the area who is in most of the shops around here since she’s been making soap for the last 15 or more 20 years and one other lady who I’ve been to shows and seen her as well. Luckily, we don’t just sell soap. Our lotion is in high demand as well. I’m still working on branching out to other stores and networking.
On another note, I’ve been keeping really busy aside from crafting and business stuff. One of my dear friends was admitted to the hospital last night with pneumonia which is a complication from his cancer treatments. At moments, I’m beside myself and then other times I can just keep trucking on. Last night we were in the ER for 4.5 hours and while he slept most of the time, I thought to myself that I could have brought knitting or something constructive than staring at him or playing Candy Crush. It isn’t like me not to have some kind of project with me and now with this going on, I’ll be switching my purse to something that can hold a small WIP so that I can sit with him.
Cute stuff, ya?